On Saturday night, a new lightweight contender will emerge, Alexa Grasso will make her highly-anticipated UFC debut and a new Ultimate Fighter champion will be crowned at UFC Fight Night 98.
Before the fights can take place, however, all fighters had to step onto the scale for official weigh-ins.
Unfortunately for guys like Charles Oliveira and Felipe Arantes, the scales in Mexico City were not kind. Arantes narrowly missed weight by two pounds, while Oliveira didn’t even come close; weighing in at 155 for a fight at featherweight (145). He certainly will find himself in the doghouse after that.
Despite missing weight, all fights are a go.
UFC Fight Night 98, headlined by a lightweight bout between former champion Rafael dos Anjos and Tony Ferguson, takes place at Mexico City Arena in Mexico City.
Full results from the UFC Fight Night 98 weigh-ins can be seen below.
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Tony Ferguson (154)
- Marcin Held (156) vs. Diego Sanchez (156)
- Ricardo Lamas (146) vs. Charles Oliveira (155)*
- Martin Bravo (155) vs. Claudio Puelles (156) – “TUF 3: Latin America” lightweight tournament final
- Beneil Dariush (156) vs. Rashid Magomedov (156)
- Heather Jo Clark (116) vs. Alexa Grasso (116)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Felipe Arantes (138) ** vs. Erik Perez (136)
- Marco Beltran (139) vs. Joe Soto (140)
- Max Griffin (171) vs. Erick Montano (170)
- Henry Briones (136) vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade (133)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Sam Alvey (186) vs. Alex Nicholson (186)
- Marco Polo Reyes (155) vs. Jason Novelli (156)
- Chris Avila (146) vs. Enrique Barzola (146)
* – Oliveira missed weight by nine pounds; fight still on
** – Arantes missed weight by two pounds; fight still on