UFC 205 takes place on Saturday night as the Ultimate Fighting Championship makes its highly-anticipated New York debut.
On Friday, before the event could become official, all participants had to step onto the scale to successfully hit their marks. Unfortunately, there was some high drama on the scale.
Thiago Alves failed to make the lightweight mark. However, the New York State Athletic Commission allows a five pound weight difference at lightweight, so Alves’ opponent, Jim Miller, had to regain a pound to make the bout official.
Then, there was some bad news.
Once again, Kelvin Gastelum failed to make the welterweight limit. To make matters worse, Gastelum was unable to get within nine pounds of Donald Cerrone’s weight, so Gastelum did not even weigh-in and the bout was scrapped from the card.
The good news, however, is that all three title fights are official.
The full weigh-in results can be seen below, as well as a live stream of the ceremonial weigh-in which takes place at 6 p.m. ET.
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez (154.6) vs. featherweight champ Conor McGregor (154.4) – for lightweight title
- Champ Tyron Woodley (169.8) vs. Stephen Thompson (169) – for welterweight title
- Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk (114.4) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.4) – for strawweight title
- Yoel Romero (185.6) vs. Chris Weidman (185.8)
- Donald Cerrone (170.4)+ vs. Kelvin Gastelum ()+
- Raquel Pennington (135.8) vs. Miesha Tate (135.6)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Frankie Edgar (145.4) vs. Jeremy Stephens (145.8)
- Michael Johnson (155.8) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (155.8)
- Tim Boetsch (185.4) vs. Rafael Natal (185.4)
- Vicente Luque (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Thiago Alves (162.6)* vs. Jim Miller (157.6)*
- Liz Carmouche (134.8) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (135)
* – Alves missed the 156-pound limit, Miller had to regain weight for NYAC regulations
+ – Fight is off after Gastelum opted not to weigh in