Taco Bell is more popular than Justin Wilcox hiring in Cal student paper

The Cal student newspaper didn’t exactly roll out the red carpet for Justin Wilcox after being hired as the new Golden Bears head football coach.

In a photo shared by CBS Sports’ Sean Wagner-McGough, we see that The Daily Californian doesn’t view the hiring as much of a big deal. That’s evidenced by the fact that Wilcox’s hiring didn’t get the prime spot on the front page. Instead, that spot focused on a new Taco Bell Cantina opening.

At least the Taco Bell Cantina offers alcohol and televisions.

To make matters worse, the small article dedicated to Wilcox doesn’t even feature his face. Instead, they plastered a photo of former Cal coach Sonny Dykes, who Wilcox replaced.

It’s a rough start for the first-time head coach, but if he manages to lead the Golden Bears to success on the field, he will eventually be a bigger deal to college kids than a Taco Bell opening. That’s the dream, right?

[H/T: Saturday Tradition]

Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

• Josh SanchezCAMPUSSPORTS Writer
    Josh studied journalism at Seton Hill University. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Campus Sports. Josh is currently a member of the FWAA and USBWA. His work has been featured on Sports Illustrated, ESPN.com, FOXSports.com, CBSSports.com and many others.
    • You Might Like