If you wanted drama leading up to UFC 210, you got it thanks to light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier.
During Friday morning’s official weigh-ins, Cormier waited until the final minutes of the two-hour window given to fighters to step on the scale.
When Cormier showed up, he weighed in at 206.2 pounds, 1.2 pounds over the championship limit.
It had appeared that Cormier would be losing his belt to the scale, but then the unthinkable happened.
Cormier returned to the scale just a couple of minutes later and hit the 205-pound mark. How can someone possibly lose over a pound in just 2 minutes and 14 seconds? Well, thanks to some quick thinking and some old school trickery.
Everyone on Twitter seemed to notice Cormier pushed down on the towel, which could have easily removed some of the pressure from the scale.
Regardless of how he did it, Cormier made weight and Saturday night’s title fight is official.
Here is video of the entire debacle:
UFC 210 Weigh-In Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Daniel Cormier (205) vs. Anthony Johnson (203.8) – for light-heavyweight title
- Gegard Mousasi (185.8) vs. Chris Weidman (185.8)
- Cynthia Calvillo (115.6) vs. Pearl Gonzalez (116)
- Thiago Alves (170.6) vs. Patrick Cote (170)
- Will Brooks (155.4) vs. Charles Oliveira (152.8)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Mike De La Torre (146) vs. Myles Jury (145)
- Sean Strickland (170) vs. Kamaru Usman (170.2)
- Shane Burgos (146) vs. Charles Rosa (145.2)
- Jan Blachowicz (204.2) vs. Patrick Cummins (205.4)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Gregor Gillespie (154.8) vs. Andrew Holbrook (156)
- Josh Emmett (155.6) vs. Desmond Green (154.2)
- Irene Aldana (135.6) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (134.8)
- Magomed Bibulatov (126) vs. Jenel Lausa (124.8)
Photo Credit: Twitter