Have you heard of cloud eggs? Well, it’s the latest internet food sensation that is dominating Instagram and changing the way people are enjoying breakfast.
It’s pretty simple, actually, but so fantastic and it will completely blow your mind.
So, the obvious question: How do you make a cloud egg?
We’re here to help.
Basically, you separate the egg yolk from the egg whites, whip the egg whites like you would to make a meringue, and then add in whatever deliciousness you tend to enjoy with your eggs. You bake the egg whites, then add the yolk inside of the “cloud” and put them back into the oven for a few more minutes. Just like that, voila, you’re done!
The website FramedCooks.com has a fantastic, yet very easy recipe that will allow you to master the kitchen and whip up your new favorite breakfast.
Check it out:
Cloud Egg Instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a sturdy cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Separate eggs, putting the whites in a large mixing bowl and the yolks in separate little cups.
- Whip the whites at high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir in the cheese, then divide the whites into 4 “cloud” shapes on the baking sheet. Make a little well in the center of each cloud.
- Bake for 3 minutes, then slide the cookie sheet out and gently slip a yolk into each well. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Gently remove with a spatula and serve!
Photo Credit: YouTube