Former UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks is not going to make any fans this weekend, after his inability to cut to the 171-pound weight limit for his UFC 192 co-main event bout with Tyron Woodley has forced a cancelation.
The UFC called off the bout on Friday, hours before the weigh-ins, after it was clear that Hendricks would be well overweight.
According to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, Hendricks was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday night with some complications while he tried to finalize his brutal weight cut.
Hendricks' manager tells me Johny had a blockage in intestine and kidney stone. Rushed to ER last night.
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) October 2, 2015
It is a disappointing turn of events for the card.
Hendricks vs. Woodley was a matchup of two of the division’s top five fighters and was widely viewed as a potential title eliminator.
With the bout off of the UFC 192 card, a flyweight matchup between Joseph Benavidez and Ali Bagautinov has been bumped from the prelims to the pay-per-view card.
A light heavyweight bout between former champ Rashad Evans and Ryan Bader is now serving as the co-main event.
Here is the updated fight card following the change in plans.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson – for light heavyweight title
- Ryan Bader vs. Rashad Evans
- Shawn Jordan vs. Ruslan Magomedov
- Ali Bagautinov vs. Joseph Benavidez
- Jessica Eye vs. Julianna Pena
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Daniel Hooker vs. Yair Rodriguez
- Alan Jouban vs. Albert Tumenov
- Angela Hill vs. Rose Namajunas
- Islam Makhachev vs. Adriano Martins
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Chris Cariaso vs. Sergio Pettis
- Derrick Lewis vs. Viktor Pesta
- Sage Northcutt vs. Francisco Trevino
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports