College basketball season is just around the corner, and the University of Kentucky is ringing it in with its annual Big Blue Madness event tonight at Rupp Arena, and a great number of recruits are expected to attend.
Per recruiting analysts including ESPN’s Paul Biancardi and SNY’s Adam Zagoria, No. 1 Class of 2016 recruit Harry Giles is expected to be in attendance along with many others, including Kentucky commit Sascha Killyea-Jones.
My sources have ESPN #1 Harry Giles ,#5 Malik Monk ,#7 De'Aaron Fox & #31 Sacha Killeya-Jones in Lexington for #BBM. Kentucky loading up.
— Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) October 16, 2015
CollegeSpun listed the following prospects as those who will be at Big Blue Madness tonight:
- Harry Giles, five-star power forward, No. 1 prospect in 2016 class by ESPN.
- Malik Monk, five-star shooting guard, No. 5 prospect in 2016 class.
- De’Aaron Fox, five-star point guard, No. 7 prospect in 2016 class.
- Sacha Killeya-Jones, four-star power forward, No. 31 prospect in 2016 class, UK commit.
- Wendell Carter, five-star power forward, No. 2 prospect in 2017 class.
- Gary Trent Jr., five-star shooting guard, No. 9 prospect in 2017 class.
- Trae Young, five-star point guard, No. 25 prospect in 2017 class.
Needless to say, though Kentucky is always going to be a team to watch in the recruiting game and coach John Calipari will always find a way to put a great team out on the court, don’t be surprised if this weekend ends with Kentucky’s 2016 class looking absolutely star-studded.
Stay tuned to Campus Sports for any further updates following tonight’s event!
Kentucky opens the season at home against the America East’s Albany Great Danes on November 13.
*Featured Photo (above) credit to Kentucky.com