A bantamweight bout between Russell Doane and Michinori Tanaka for UFC 195 is off due to injury. Now, one-time title challenger and former Bellator featherweight champion Joe Soto (15-4 MMA, 0-2 UFC) has stepped in to fight Tanka at the event.
Soto is 3-2 in his last five bouts and has dropped his last two bouts. He lost to T.J. Dillashaw at UFC 177 by fifth round TKO and then to Anthony Birchak by first round KO at UFC Fight Night 78.
Tanaka is 4-1 in his last five bouts and is coming off a split decision loss to Kyung Ho Kang at UFC Fight Night 52.
UFC 195 takes place on January 2, 2016, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main card will air on pay-per-view while the prelims will air on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Here is the updated card:
- Champ Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit – for welterweight title
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Stipe Miocic
- Drew Dober vs. Erik Koch
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Albert Tumenov
- Joseph Duffy vs. Dustin Poirier
- Masanori Kanehara vs. Michael McDonald
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Justine Kish
- Edgar Garcia vs. Sheldon Westcott
- Diego Brandao vs. Brian Ortega
- Stephen Thompson vs. TBA
- Joe Soto vs. Michinori Tanaka
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports