For the last few months, cases of E. coli have ran rampant through the popular burrito chain Chipotle. It seems like the most recent case of the food poisoning was threatening a Boston College basketball game.
According to ESPN, 28 students at Boston College got sick after eating Chipotle and eight of them were basketball players. The players missed practice on Monday and it was reported that their game against the no. 15 Providence Friars was in jeopardy.
The site has now reported that the players have all returned to practice and their game will continue as scheduled. The coaches were asked not to comment, but the school released a statement confirming the outbreak of sickness on campus.
Maybe next time the players will be a little more aware of some of the food they are eating. However, you can’t really blame this on them since this has been a problem that the restaurant must address.
The Eagles have lost five straight games after starting 3-0 and look to snap that streak when they hit the court with the Friars at 7 p.m. EST on FOX Sports 1.
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports