The USC Trojans have never really been known for having flashy and hip new uniforms. They are classic when it comes to what they wear on the field and their new Nike jerseys are no different from what they have done in the past.
The Trojans revealed the new jerseys they would wear throughout the 2015 season. They don’t look much different than what they usually do, but their design is much more dynamic and will benefit them in the future.
- The new jerseys are the Nike Mach Speed line of jerseys. This design made its debut with the Oregon Ducks last season. This design is unique and Nike has some good reasons why:
- Durable, heavy-duty stretch-woven panels strategically placed to lock down the shoulder pads across the chest and back.
- New Nike Chain Maille 2.0 mesh fabric, ventilated through laser-cut pods, used to provide strength at the neck grill for that lock down fit. This same mesh is employed at the back of the neck, under the arm, and in an air channel between the chest panels for increased airflow.
- Laser perforated mesh panels incorporated into major heat zones within the mid-section of the jersey – at the stomach and lower back – allowing for heat release where athletes need it most.
- The jersey armhole openings are rotated forward for a more articulated fit and better range of motion. An additional stretch gusset has been added below the armhole to enhance flexibility.
The Trojans open the 2015 season at home against Arkansas State on September 5.
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports