Home Football Notre Dame WR Corey Robinson elected student body president

Notre Dame WR Corey Robinson elected student body president

-

Notre Dame wide receiver Corey Robinson has been elected student body president and will take office April 1, according to the university’s student newspaper.

Robinson, the son of former San Antonio Spurs center and Basketball Hall of Famer David Robinson, caught 16 passes for 200 yards and a touchdown in 2015. Given how he is expected to be a big part of the Fighting Irish’s passing game next season, he further elaborated how he would balance his busy schedule of football, being student body president and also attending classes.

“This spring, all of our practices are in the morning, so we practice from six in the morning until 10 a.m., and the rest of the day is free, and I have one class a day, no class on Fridays. In the summer, same kind of thing — we only practice for two hours a day, and I’m going to be here every day, all day, so that’ll be easy as well. I’m only taking one class,” Robinson said.

“In the fall, we practice to 2:30 to 7, so anything between those hours, I can’t participate in, but the rest of the day, I’m free,” Robinson added. “I’m going to have three or four classes … and the way my schedule works, only football and student body, so that way, I’ll be able to be fully invested in both, in those two aspects.”

Either way, one thing is certain. Robinson comes from a great family that places a tremendous value on education, as his father founded San Antonio’s Carver Academy, a public charter school whose mission is to provide strong education to inner city children, so he’ll definitely find a way to budget his time properly so that all commitments can be honored.

But regarding the election itself, given his father’s history on the basketball court, it certainly seems as though great leadership skills run in the family.

Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports