The Miami Dolphins got hit with a big injury last year when veteran defensive end Cameron Wake went down with a torn Achilles tendon in an October game against the New England Patriots. He has recovered pretty well and it looks like he should be ready to go this season.
He has been working at full force with the Dolphins during their OTAs and on Monday, he seemed to have more spring in his step since his injury. Defensive coordinator Vance Johnson spoke with reporters and the Palm Beach Post reported that he said Wake has been performing very well.
“He looks explosive,” Johnson said. “Obviously, it’s still early on. He has not gone full, full speed, but he looked great.”
Cameron Wake has been a key member of the Dolphins defensive line over the last seven seasons. He has recorded 70 career sacks since being signed by the team following the 2009 NFL Draft.
Even before his injury last year Wake had recorded seven sacks in the first six games of the season. The Dolphins open the 2016 season on September 11 when they travel to play the Seattle Seahawks.
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports