Rams waive WR Stedman Bailey

Last year, Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey was shot in the head and hospitalized, causing him to miss the remainder of the 2015 season. While he has been recovering well and hopes to get back on the field this year, his team did not believe he would be healthy enough to do so.

On Wednesday, it was confirmed that the Rams had waived Bailey with a non-football injury designation. He has not been doing on-field work at OTAs, but this does not mean his career with the team is completely over.

It was reported that Bailey might be offered a non-football role with the Rams if he is able to clear waivers.

Head coach Jeff Fisher said he will address the situation later on Wednesday.

If/when Stedman Bailey clears waivers, he is expected to rejoin the Rams in a non-football playing capacity, a team source told @wyche89

— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) June 7, 2016

Stedman Bailey was drafted by the Rams in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. Over the last three years, he has recorded over 840 yards and two touchdowns on 59 receptions.

Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports