In the season opener against Texas, Notre Dame wide receiver Torii Hunter Jr. went down on a scary hit, for which Longhorn safety DeShon Elliott has since apologized. The senior receiver missed last week’s game against the Nevada Wolf Pack, but it seems he will be ready to go this weekend.
The Fighting Irish face off against the Michigan State Spartans on Saturday and it looks like Hunter will be back on the field for his team. Pete Sampson reported on Twitter that Hunter said he had passed concussion protocol.
Torii Hunter Jr. said he’s passed all his concussion protocol marks. Practiced yesterday, non-contact drills.
— Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) September 14, 2016
Last year, Hunter recorded 363 yards and two touchdowns on 28 catches and against Texas he recorded 4 catches for 37 yards and a touchdown. It will be interesting to see what can of impact he will make for the Irish this weekend.
The Irish and Spartans meet up on Saturday at 7:30 p.m.