It was a wild scene in New York City on Thursday afternoon for the UFC 205 press conference featuring the champions and challengers from this weekend’s pay-per-view event at Madison Square Garden.
As you would expect, UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor was late to show.
Because of that, UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, McGregor’s opponent in the main event on Saturday, decided to get up and walk away from the press conference until McGregor showed up. When McGregor finally did show, there were instant fireworks.
It all started with a pimped out Santa Claus outfit for McGregor, who made quite the entrance before snagging Alvarez’s belt.
— FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) November 10, 2016
When Alvarez returned to the stage, the two nearly came two blows as the champ snatched his belt back. After initially being separated, Alvarez tossed a chair in McGregor’s direction and McGregor went OFF, pretending like he was ready to swing the chair at Alvarez’s dome.
It was a truly remarkable scene.
Not only are Conor McGregor fights incredible, his press conferences are, too. Saturday was already a must-see event and now the excitement only grows.
The stacked fight card for UFC 205 can be seen below:
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor for lightweight title
- Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson for welterweight title
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz for women’s strawweight title
- Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
- Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
- Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Michael Johnson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
- Vicente Luque vs. Belal Muhammad
- Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
- Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian