The ESPN College GameDay location for Championship Weekend has been set.
On Sunday morning, ESPN announced College GameDay will take place live from Indianapolis for next weekend’s Big Ten Championship matchup between the No. 5 Wisconsin Badgers and No. 8 Penn State Nittany Lions.
This will mark Wisconsin’s third GameDay appearance in 2016, after being featured on opening weekend against LSU at Lambeau Field, along with an Oct. 15 meeting against Ohio State.
Penn State, meanwhile, will be making their season debut on the pre-game show.
The announcement was made on Twitter.
Next Saturday’s game between Wisconsin and Penn State will not only determine the Big Ten champion for the 2016 season, but it could serve as the final quality win and piece of the resume that the selection committee needs to place the winner in the College Football Playoff.
Wisconsin and Penn State kick off at 8:17 p.m. ET on Saturday, Dec. 3 from Lucas Oil Stadium.
Live coverage will be available on FOX.
Previous College GameDay locations from the 2016 college football season can be seen below:
- September 3: Wisconsin vs. #5 LSU in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Wisconsin 16–14
- September 10: Virginia Tech vs. #17 Tennessee (Battle at Bristol) in Bristol, Tennessee, Tennessee 45–24
- September 17: #2 Florida State at #10 Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky, Louisville 63–20
- September 24: #19 Florida at #14 Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee, Tennessee 38–28
- October 1: #3 Louisville at #5 Clemson in Clemson, South Carolina, Clemson 42–36
- October 8: #9 Tennessee at #8 Texas A&M in College Station, Texas, Texas A&M 45–38 2OT
- October 15: #2 Ohio State at #8 Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin, Ohio State 30–23 OT
- October 22: #6 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Alabama 33–14
- October 29: #4 Washington at #17 Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah, Washington 31–24
- November 5: #1 Alabama at #15 LSU in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Alabama 10–0
- November 12: USC at #4 Washington in Seattle, Washington, USC 26–13
- November 19: Buffalo at #14 Western Michigan in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Western Michigan 38–0
- November 26: #3 Michigan at #2 Ohio State in Columbus, Ohio, Ohio State 30–27 2OT
- December 3: #5 Wisconsin vs. #8 Penn State in Indianapolis, Indiana
- December 10: Army vs. Navy in Baltimore, Maryland
Photo Credit: Twitter