On Saturday night, a new women’s mixed martial arts star emerged. Megan Anderson claimed the interim featherweight championship with a brutal finish of Charmaine Tweet in the main event of Invicta FC 21.
Anderson showed impressive standup on her feet and some incredible power that left her opponent retreating with a mask of blood before the referee stepped in to stop the fight.
Following the big win, Anderson took advantage of her time on the make and sent a direct message to UFC president Dana White, Holly Holm and Germaine De Randamie, saying she is coming for the UFC’s featherweight title next.
Megan Anderson knows how to take advantage of that mic. Here’s her message to Dana White. pic.twitter.com/rNydLt77hi
— Josh Sánchez (@jnsanchez) January 15, 2017
Other top performers on the night included Andrea Lee, Leah Letson and Fight of the Night participants Amy Montenegro and Celine Hagg, though that fight did not come without controversy.
For those who missed last night’s event, we have you covered. You can also catch a full replay of the event free on UFC Fight Pass through the end of the day.
The full results and photos from Saturday night’s event can be seen below:
- Megan Anderson def. Charmaine Tweet via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:05
- Raquel Pa’aluhi def. Pannie Kianzad via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:40
- Leah Letson def. Elizabeth Phillips via knockout (high kick) – Round 1, 1:18
- Aspen Ladd def. Sijara Eubanks via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Andrea Lee def. Jenny Liou via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:14
- Amy Montenegro def. Celine Haga via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Christine Ferea def. Rachael Ostovich via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:29