When mixed martial arts legend Anderson Silva makes his way to the Octagon for UFC 208, fans will notice a major difference.
Silva has always used DMX’s “Ain’t No Sunshine” as his entrance music, but on Saturday night in Brooklyn he will be straying from tradition for a new walkout song, “Doom.”
Why the change?
“Doom” is an original song by Silva’s son, Kalyl Silva, and is currently available on iTunes.
Check it out:
It’s pretty cool to see Silva giving his son such big exposure. And it doesn’t hurt that the song isn’t too bad.
The UFC 208 pay-per-view card begins tonight at 10 p.m. ET.
The full fight card can be seen below:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Holly Holm (144.4) vs. Germaine de Randamie (143.6) – for inaugural women’s featherweight title
- Derek Brunson (186) vs. Anderson Silva (185)
- Tim Boetsch (185.8) vs. Ronaldo Souza (185.8)
- Jared Cannonier (204.4) vs. Glover Teixeira (205.2)
- Jim Miller (154.6) vs. Dustin Poirier (155.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Randy Brown (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.2)
- Wilson Reis (125.2) vs. Ulka Sasaki (125.4)
- Nik Lentz (155.8) vs. Islam Makhachev (155)
- Jarred Brooks (125) vs. Ian McCall (125.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Marcin Tybura (245.4) vs. Justin Willis*
- Rick Glenn (145.8) vs. Phillipe Nover (145.6)
- Roan Carneiro (170) vs. Ryan LaFlare (170.6)
* – Willis was deemed medically unfit to compete and bout has been canceled; Tybura was paid his fight purse
Photo Credit: Instagram