When mixed martial arts legend Anderson Silva makes his way to the Octagon for UFC 208, fans will notice a major difference.
Silva has always used DMX’s “Ain’t No Sunshine” as his entrance music, but on Saturday night in Brooklyn he will be straying from tradition for a new walkout song, “Doom.”
Why the change?
“Doom” is an original song by Silva’s son, Kalyl Silva, and is currently available on iTunes.
Check it out:
It’s pretty cool to see Silva giving his son such big exposure. And it doesn’t hurt that the song isn’t too bad.
The UFC 208 pay-per-view card begins tonight at 10 p.m. ET.
The full fight card can be seen below:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Holly Holm (144.4) vs. Germaine de Randamie (143.6) – for inaugural women’s featherweight title
- Derek Brunson (186) vs. Anderson Silva (185)
- Tim Boetsch (185.8) vs. Ronaldo Souza (185.8)
- Jared Cannonier (204.4) vs. Glover Teixeira (205.2)
- Jim Miller (154.6) vs. Dustin Poirier (155.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Randy Brown (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.2)
- Wilson Reis (125.2) vs. Ulka Sasaki (125.4)
- Nik Lentz (155.8) vs. Islam Makhachev (155)
- Jarred Brooks (125) vs. Ian McCall (125.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Marcin Tybura (245.4) vs. Justin Willis*
- Rick Glenn (145.8) vs. Phillipe Nover (145.6)
- Roan Carneiro (170) vs. Ryan LaFlare (170.6)
* – Willis was deemed medically unfit to compete and bout has been canceled; Tybura was paid his fight purse
Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!
Photo Credit: Instagram