UPDATE: The New York State Athletic Commission has medically cleared Pearl Gonzalez and the UFC has announced the fight is back on.
The UFC 210 weigh-ins were full of drama. After Daniel Cormier’s two attempts that miraculously resulted in the champion losing 1.2 pounds in two minutes, a bizarre situation involving Pearl Gonzalez emerged.
Gonzalez successfully weighed in at 116 pounds for her main card bout with Cynthia Calvillo.
However, she was spotted in the fighter hotel in tears after being informed she would not be able to fight on Saturday night. The reason? Breast implants. Seriously.
I'm told the Calvillo-Gonzalez has been canceled. Per NYSAC, female fighters are not allowed to have implants, thus ruling out Gonzalez.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 7, 2017
“Due to the concern over rupture, boxers who have breast implants are not eligible to box in New York. Boxers who have had breast reduction surgeries are eligible to box.”
The UFC has yet to comment on the situation.
UFC 210 Weigh-In Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Daniel Cormier (205) vs. Anthony Johnson (203.8) – for light-heavyweight title
- Gegard Mousasi (185.8) vs. Chris Weidman (185.8)
- Cynthia Calvillo (115.6) vs. Pearl Gonzalez (116)
- Thiago Alves (170.6) vs. Patrick Cote (170)
- Will Brooks (155.4) vs. Charles Oliveira (152.8)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Mike De La Torre (146) vs. Myles Jury (145)
- Sean Strickland (170) vs. Kamaru Usman (170.2)
- Shane Burgos (146) vs. Charles Rosa (145.2)
- Jan Blachowicz (204.2) vs. Patrick Cummins (205.4)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Gregor Gillespie (154.8) vs. Andrew Holbrook (156)
- Josh Emmett (155.6) vs. Desmond Green (154.2)
- Irene Aldana (135.6) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (134.8)
- Magomed Bibulatov (126) vs. Jenel Lausa (124.8)