Ohio State standout Gareon Conley, a projected first-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, has been accused of rape.
Rumors had been swirling about a potential first-round pick being accused of rape inside of a Cleveland hotel earlier this month, and Conley was revealed to be that player on Tuesday.
No charges have been filed at this time.
Conley’s attorney, Kevin Spellacy, says the claim is “ludicrous and ridiculous,” according to ESPN.com.
From the report:
According to a police report obtained by ESPN, the alleged incident occurred April 9. A 23-year-old woman told police she met Conley in the elevator of the downtown hotel and he brought her back to his hotel room. She alleges that after she declined an offer of group sex with Conley and two friends, Conley had sex with her then kicked her out of the room.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter added that sources close to Conley have said they have three statements from different witnesses saying Conley wasnever alone with the accuser and that he is innocent of the charges. Two of the witnesses are not associates of Conley.
We will have to see how much this report impacts Conley’s draft status when the draft officially kicks off on Thursday night.
Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!
Photo Credit: Instagram