In a bizzarre tragedy, French fitness blogger Rebecca Burger passed away suddenly and unexpectedly due to the explosion of a can of whipped cream.
The canister, which was part of a recall by the manufacturer in 2013, struck her in the chest, killing her.
Her family later posted a photo of the canister that exploded and led to her eventual death.
View this post on Instagram
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
The canisters were known to have a defect that caused them to explode, leading the manufacturer to issue a recall in 2013. There have been several other reports of their spontaneous combustion.
In many instances they have resulted in broken bones in the head or chest, but this is the first reported death.
Rebecca was 33 years old at the time of her passing. The impact from the canister resulted in her going into cardiac arrest, which resulted in her fatality.
According to Deadspin, French police are investigating the matter, but her family intends to file a separate lawsuit as well.