If you were hoping for fewer WWE pay-per-view events in 2018, you got your wish.
According to reports, WWE will be reducing its schedule for the 2018 calendar year, with two fewer PPV events than in years past. One notable absence is the removal of Great Balls of Fire.
Another interesting note for fans is the co-branding of Money In The Bank, which will now feature both the Raw and SmackDown brands. The event will take place on June 17 in Chicago, Illinois.
Other notable dates include Royal Rumble on Jan. 28 in Philadelphia, WrestleMania on April 8 in New Orleans, SummerSlam on Aug. 19 in Brooklyn and Survivor Series on Nov. 18 in Los Angeles.
The full 2018 WWE pay-per-view schedule can be seen below as reported by Pwinsider.com:
- Royal Rumble, Jan. 28 – Philadelphia
- Elimination Chamber, Feb. 25 – Las Vegas (Raw)
- Fastlane, Mar. 11 – Columbus, OH (SmackDown)
- WrestleMania, April, 8 – New Orleans
- Backlash, May, 6 – Newark (Raw)
- Payback, May 27 – Baltimore (SmackDown)
- Money in The Bank, June, 17 – Chicago
- Battleground, July 15 – Pittsburgh (Raw)
- SummerSlam, Aug. 19 – Brooklyn
- Extreme Rules, Sept. 16 – San Antonio (Raw)
- Hell in a Cell, Sept. 30 – Nashville (SmackDown)
- TLC, Oct. 21 – Boston (Raw)
- Survivor Series, Nov. 18 – Los Angeles
- Clash of Champions, Dec. 16 – San Jose, CA (SmackDown)
[H/T: Cageside Seats]