2020, the year in which the Covid Pandemic blew to significant proportions, no doubt brought about a lot of changes to life as we were used to. Chief amongst them was the inability to access everyday life activities such as visiting the local casino by the corner. So stringent were the government restrictions that one would often see months and months of brick and mortar casino closures. Whilst mobile gambling was already on the rise due to its superior advantages of land-based casinos, this provided an even greater opportunity for growth as more casino game lovers wanted to explore ways of placing wagers on their favorite casino games. This article takes a look at how the rise in mobile gambling happened due to the pandemic, its advantages, and its demerits as well.
What is Mobile Gambling
As the name rightly says, casino mobile gambling allows users to access various casinos to place bets with real money or just for fun using mobile devices such as phones, tablets, or laptops. These online casinos are available at any time of the day and users, therefore, have the flexibility to place bets at any desired time, or even shift from casino to casino without moving a mile. Moreover, the increase in computing power of present-day phones allows mobile gambling to happen seamlessly as they can handle the high graphics requirements of some games.
With mobile gambling, you can :
- Register and verify your casino account in no time at all.
- Deposit funds and start playing games in a short space of time using your mobile device.
- Withdraw funds and enjoy your winnings into your preferred banking method.
Why is Mobile Gambling Rising Because of the Pandemic?
As earlier mentioned, the rise in mobile gambling over the past year has been quite mainly because of the following:
- The pandemic has resulted in a lot of restrictions on movement and casino operations for health and safety reasons. Going to casinos will increase the risk of contracting the virus as there will be higher exposure. Mobile casinos allow users to place bets right in the comfort and safety of their homes.
- Sports betting became limited – Another major fact was that sports betting became limited as contact sporting activities became restricted. Gamblers who were traditionally inclined to sports betting had to migrate to mobile casino gaming. Some reports indicate that sports betting went down by as much as 70% during the months of March and April 2020.
- More features – The beauty of mobile gambling is that it offers more features compared to brick and mortar casinos. These include some features such as bonuses which may be used to increase one’s winning potential, reasonable minimum stakes in some games which allow punters to manage their bankroll properly, and a wide assortment of games from classic slots to more modern casinos. One can also access live casino games such as roulette, blackjack, and many others.
- Increasing mobile usage and improving technology – Whilst the main reason was that of the imposed restrictions, the fact that mobile device usage has increased, with devices that have huge potential to handle most, if not all, of the casino game applications has also helped to increase the uptake of mobile casino gambling recently. Online gaming software technology has also been improving greatly. If the pandemic had happened in the early 2000s, we probably would not have seen so much increase in mobile gambling.
Whilst we have mentioned the advantages that have result in greater adaptation of mobile casino gaming, it would also be worthwhile to note that mobile gambling is not without its problems. Some disadvantages include:
- Requires discipline as the fact that one can easily play mobile casino games at any time from any location makes it prone to easily get addicted and make insensible stakes that may result in one losing their money.
- Casinos would need to be selected carefully to find the best ones that apply fair play. Some casinos have a bad reputation for providing rigged online games that present a higher chance of losing.
Tips for Mobile Gambling Within the Pandemic
When it comes to mobile gambling, you would need to remember the following tips to happily enjoy to the fullest.
- Control and manage your stakes – you do not need to lump up all your money into an online casino game, but rather manage your bankroll by dividing it into smaller proportions that will not result in you losing all of your funds in the event of a loss.
- Promotions – you will also need to keep an eye on mobile casino promotions as these offer exciting opportunities to make a profit, explore new casinos, or even games. You would need to make sure that you understand the terms and conditions associated with the bonus, lest you might not be able to make a withdrawal.
What is the Future of Mobile Gambling After the Pandemic?
Looking into the horizon, even if restrictions are eased due to the improving pandemic situation, there will be likely more usage of mobile gambling as users look to maximise on their features. This may be further complimented by improving technology.