In the 2015 Lucas Oil Pro MX Championship 450 class, Eli Tomac has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a separated shoulder that he sustained at Thunder Valley last week. Trailing 1st place Ryan Dungey by only 3 points heading into Muddy Creek Raceway, Tomac opens the door for 450 riders Blake Baggett, Ken Roczen and Justin Barcia.
Eli Tomac ended up crashing at the Muddy Creek Raceway in 2013, giving fellow then-250 rider, Ken Roczen, a run at the title. With Ryan Dungey in his 3rd year in the 450s and Tomac continuing to distance himself from a 250-class championship, Roczen would go on to win the title.
A new track for the MX circuit – debuting in 2013 – Muddy Creek in Blountville, TN, provides riders with excellent track grip as the soils provide stability. In addition to a privileged course, the scenery in the back drop makes the event enjoyable for fans, too.
Heading into Saturday’s event, Jeremy Martin sits atop the 250 class with 128 points (only a +2 lead on Frenchmen, Marvin Musquin), while Ryan Dungey leads the 450s with 128 points.
In addition to the aforementioned names, here’s the 2015 list of Tennessee National participants (top 10 in point standings):
250 Class –
Jessy Nelson, 18 year-old Adam Cianciarulo, Joey “Versace” Savatgy, Alex Martin, Zach Osborne, Shane McElrath, Matt Bisceglia, Chris Alldrege
450 Class –
Weston Peick, Broc Tickle, Jason Anderson, Christophe Pourcel, Phil Nicoletti
Past podium finishes at Tennessee National:
1. Marvin Musquin (KTM 250 SX-F)
2. Eli Tomac (Honda CRF 250R)
3. Ken Roczen (KTM 250 SX-F)
1. Ryan Dungey (KTM 450 SX-F FE)
2. Justin Barcia (Honda CRF 450R)
3. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki KX 450F)
1. Cooper Webb (Yamaha YZ 250F)
2. Blake Baggett (Kawasaki KX 250F)
3. Justin Bogle (Honda CRF 250R)
1. Ken Roczen (KTM 450 SX-F FE)
2. Ryan Dungey (KTM 450 SX-F FE)
3. Eli Tomac (Honda CRF 450R)