Utah redshirt freshman quarterback Donovan Isom and his family are requesting donations after a fire destroyed their Louisiana home early Monday. Thankfully, everyone got out alive, although Denise, Donovan’s mother, said that her father was being treated for minor burns and lung damage.
In an interview with the Salt Lake Tribune, she stressed the importance of working fire alarms, saying, “…anybody who has a smoke alarm in their house, please keep an updated battery. That smoke alarm saved our lives.”
A GoFundMe page, created by family friend, Lynette Matthews, has currently raised $4600 out of a requested $10,000 from 98 people in only two days.
All of the proceeds, the page says “will help with them purchase immediate items needed, whatever you can give will be a blessing unto them.”
While at Dresden High School, Donovan was an all-metro quarterback, and led his team to the 5A state semifinals as a senior. Utah quarterbacks coach Aaron Roderick, said that, “He’s a really humble kid…[who has] worked hard to get here.”
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports