Okay, let’s be real for a second here. Our parents don’t envision us going to college to party a lot and have crazy ragers every other weekend. But it happens. No matter how much we say “I’m never drinking again” or “I have really got to work on this ten-page paper” we still find ourselves living it up on the weekends or “turning up on a Tuesday”.
While colleges aren’t meant for people to come and have a party for four years, or four weeks however long they last, some schools still get slapped with the label of being a “party school.” The Huffington Post has the list for the twenty best party schools in 2016.
Some interesting statistics from this year’s list:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which is the official name of the Big Ten school, tops the list at number for the first time ever.
- Wisconsin, who was last ranked number one in 2006, came in at third this year while Iowa came in at number two for the second year in a row.
- Last year’s top party school, Syracuse, fell to fifth place on the list this year.
The full list of party schools is below.
20. College of Charleston
19. Miami University of Ohio
18. University of Vermont
17. Depauw University
16. Ohio University
15. Florida State University
14. University of Florida
13. Penn State University
12. University of Mississippi
11. Lehigh University
10. Colgate University
9. Tulane University
8. University of Georgia
7. West Virginia University
6. University of California-Santa Barbara
5. Syracuse University
4. Bucknell University
3. University of Wisconsin-Madison
2. University of Iowa
1. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
But remember kids, college is about having the time of your life and getting a great education. Oh, who am I kidding? Who wants to play beer pong?
*Featured Photo (above) credit to NOLA.com