100 people got sick from fecal-contaminated virus at Chipotle in California

If you love the popular burrito chain Chipotle, you may not want to read this story. It was reported Sunday afternoon that nearly 100 customers who ate at a Simi Valley, California Chipotle restaurant got sick which launched an investigation that resulted in some pretty disturbing news.

According to the Associated Press, the restaurant was inspected and it was determined that it tested positive for norovirus. What exactly is norovirus you may be asking? Well, it is a virus usually transmitted through bacteria found in fecal matter.

Yes, these people who got sick were essentially eating other people’s poop.

It sucks to hear that these people got sick in such a disgusting way, so hopefully these guys will get everything cleaned up pretty quickly.

I love Chipotle, but this has just made me not want to eat it for a little while.

Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

*Featured Photo (above) credit to ABC News

Bowling Green player fakes injury after losing shoe
Bowling Green player fakes injury after losing shoe