Dana White says Conor McGregor is still off UFC 200

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor created plenty of headaches for the Ultimate Fighting Championship and jeopardized the landmark UFC 200 event with a single tweet earlier this month.

McGregor said he had planned to “retire young,” before the UFC announced he had been pulled from the card for failing to perform media obligations.

On Monday morning, McGregor sent the mixed martial arts world into a whirlwind once again when he tweeted that he had been added back on to the card against Nate Diaz. Of course, people at it up.

Happy to announce that I am BACK on UFC 200!
Shout out to @danawhite and @lorenzofertitta on getting this one done for the fans. #Respect

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 25, 2016

However, it looks like fans should hold off on their excitement.

UFC president Dana White spoke to TMZ and said McGregor has NOT been added back to the card.

“It’s not true. We haven’t talked to Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don’t know why he would tweet that,” White said. “All the media keeps asking me that. I feel like the scene in ‘Step Brothers’ when they ask if they can build the bunk beds. I don’t know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it’s off.”

So, yes, it looks like the fight is still off and it doesn’t appear as though McGregor will be added back onto the card anytime soon.

It’s just another drama-filled day in McGregor Wonderland.

Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports