Dion Jordan applying reinstatement Wednesday

Miami Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan has not had a great start to his career since being drafted third overall in the 2013 NFL Draft. He was suspended for the entire 2015 season and he is looking to get back into the league very soon.

Jordan spoke with USA TODAY Sports’ Tom Pelissero and said that he would be filing for reinstatement on Wednesday. He said that he is confident he will get back into the league after passing two drug tests a week since his suspension began early last year.

“I’m not about to waste it. I can’t waste it. And I (expletive) love doing it,” Jordan said. “Who doesn’t love running out in front of 30,000-plus fans and you get that rush? But it’s also things that you can get that rush from that can be very satisfying and can carry you on to a successful life after football.

“I just turned 26 years old, so life starts to hit you in the face. Who are you outside of those shoulder pads and helmet? And it’s weird, but I feel like it’s a blessing for me at this point in time to think about it, instead of waiting ‘til they really tell me I can’t play football no more.”

Dion Jordan has not lived up to being a top five pick since he was taken by the Dolphins in 2013. He has only recorded 39 total tackles and three sacks, but he hopes to get that turned around in the very near future.

Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports