Earlier this year, there were reports that the NFL was working out a deal with Camping World Stadium in Orlando to be the new home of the Pro Bowl, the league’s annual All-Star game. Despite those reports being refuted, it looks like that is going to happen now as the game is set to make the move back to the Sunshine State.
NFL Media senior analyst Ian Rapoport reported that the league is set to announce the move to Orlando during a press conference on Wednesday. It is said to be a multi-year deal for the city.
.@NFL says it'll have a press conference tomorrow at 2:45 pm in Orlando. It's to announce a multi-year deal for the Pro Bowl & its new home
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 31, 2016
The Pro Bowl was played in Miami in 2010, making the move from Honolulu, the host site from 1980-2009 and 2011-2014. It was moved from Hawaii in 2015 to University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
This could end up being a great move for the NFL as fans and players alike could spend time at Disney World or Universal Studios during the week leading up to the game itself. It could also lead to a partnership with arguably the biggest company in the world for the NFL.
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports