The UFC’s return to Vancouver, Canada was a successful one thanks to an action-packed night of back-and-forth fights and impressive finishes.
The top performers of the night were Demian Maia, Paige VanZant, Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon, who earned $50,000 fight night bonuses. Miller and Lauzon fought to a split decision leading to the second Fight of the Night Award for the two, while Maia and VanZant earned performance bonuses.
Maia was able to overwhelm Carlos Condit in less than two minutes thanks to his dominating grappling. Maia dragged Condit to the mat and locked in the fight-ending rear-naked choke.
For VanZant, her return to the Octagon after a run on Dancing With the Stars was everything she could have asked for. After a tough first round, VanZant was about to come out with a leaping switch kick 17 seconds into Round 2 to plant Bec Rawling on the mat for the knockout win.
If you missed out on Saturday’s action, we have you covered.
The full results from UFC on FOX 21 can be seen below:
- Demian Maia def. Carlos Condit via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:52
- Charles Oliveira vs. Anthony Pettis via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3, 1:49
- Paige VanZant def. Bec Rawlings via knockout (head kick, punches) – Round 2, 0:17
- Jim Miller def. Joe Lauzon via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Sam Alvey def. Kevin Casey via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:56
- Kyle Bochniak def. Enrique Barzola via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- Alessio Di Chirico def. Garreth McLellan via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Felipe Silva def. Shane Campbell via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:13
- Chad Laprise def. Thibault Gouti via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:36
- Jeremy Kennedy def. Alessandro Ricci via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)