Legacy FC 59 took place Friday night at Arena Theatre in Houston, Texas. Fans in attendance and those watching on AXS TV were in for a treat with one of the best fights of the year.
In the main event, Trevin Giles and Isaac Villanueva went back-and-forth in a thrilling bout that many have immediately placed in the Fight of the Year discussion. In the final round of the fight, Giles was able to lock in the fight-ending arm-triangle choke to end the night with an incredible moment.
Giles kept his undefeated record intact with the big win and then called for a shot in the UFC.
After his performance at Legacy FC 59, he’s certainly deserving of the call.
Here are the highlights from a wild night of fights:
The full event results from Legacy FC 59 can be seen below:
- Trevin Giles def. Isaac Villanueva via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 3, 1:45
- Justin Reiswerg def. Jason Langellier via submission (triangle choke and armbar) – Round 2, 3:21
- Domingo Pilarte def. Chris Pham via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:38
- Adrian Yanez def. Colin Wright via submission (armbar) – Round 3, 2:44
- Mike Trinh def. Randy McCullough via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 27-30)
- Danny Orr def. Chad Cook via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:15
- A.J. Hoffman def. Thomas Moreno via TKO (punches) – Round 1
- Chase Eastham def. Angel Zamora via unanimous decision
- Leomana Martinez def. Clarence Brown via TKO (punches) – Round 2