A UFC Hall of Fame career is set to come to an end later this year.
On Monday, Urijah Faber appeared on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani and revealed his UFC on FOX 22 fight against Brad Pickett will be the final fight of his legendary career.
Appropriately, Faber’s final fight will come in front of his home crowd in Sacramento.
Faber, a former longtime WEC featherweight champion and King of the Cage bantamweight champion, holds a professional mixed martial arts record of 33-10.
Along with being a fan favorite and legendary fighter, Faber is the founder of Team Alpha Male — which is home to fighters like Joseph Benavidez, Cody Garbrandt and Paige VanZant — and the co-founder of MMA management company MMA Inc.
Faber will go down as one of the best fighters of all-time in the lower weight classes and a true entertainer.
But thanks to his successes out of the cage, Faber will be well suited for life after fighting. We wish him the best in the next step of his career and thank Urijah for all of the memories.
The current fight card for Faber’s farewell fight on Dec. 17 can be seen below:
- Paige VanZant vs. Michelle Waterson
- Mickey Gall vs. Sage Northcutt
- Urijah Faber vs. Brad Pickett
- Alan Jouban vs. Mike Perry
- Bryan Barberena vs. Colby Covington
- James Moontasri vs. Alex Morono
- Sultan Aliev vs. Bojan Velickovic
- Josh Emmett vs. Scott Holtzman
- Paul Craig vs. Luis Henrique da Silva