The semifinals and finals for the 2016 RIZIN World Grand Prix take place in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday, live from Saitama Super Arena in Japan.
For MMA fans who have never tuned in to a Japanese MMA event, RIZIN brings back the pageantry and excitement of the PRIDE days. It’s a must-see for every MMA fan who wants to understand the full scope of the global sport.
On Saturday, the final rounds of the Open Weight Grand Prix take place with either MMA pioneer Mirko Cro Cop, Estonia’s Baruto, Valentin Moldavsky of Russia or Iran’s Amir Aliakbari bringing home the title.
The event also features the second appearance from promising star Tanshin Nasukawa in 48 hours, a questionable matchup between Gabi Garcia and Yumiko Hotto, the mother/son duo of Miyuu Yamamoto and Erson Yamamoto, and a thrilling co-main event between Tatsuya Kawajiri and Kron Gracie.
If you missed out on the action, we have you covered.
The full results and highlights from the RIZIN World Grand Prix Final Round can be seen below:
- Mirko Filipovic def. Amir Aliakbari via knockout (punches) – Round 1 – World Grand Prix final
- Kron Gracie def. Tatsuya Kawajiri via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2
- Hideo Tokoro def. Asen Yamamoto via submission (armbar) – Round 1
- Rena Kubota def. Hanna Gujwan via TKO (body kick) – Round 3, 2:47
- Andy Nguyen def. Miyu Yamamoto via submission (armbar) – Round 1
- Kizaemon Saiga def. Dillin West via TKO (strikes) – Round 1
- Gabi Garcia def. Yumiko Hotta via TKO (strikes) – Round 1
"Jazzy Alpha Female" calls out Gabi Garcia pic.twitter.com/RIbfaQThWs
— Bestrafer7 (@Bestrafer7) December 31, 2016
- Hayato Sakurai def. Wataru Sakata via TKO (punches) – Round 2
- Amir Aliakbari def. Valentin Moldavsky via split decision – open weight tournament semifinal
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic def. Kaido Hoovelson via TKO (knee) – Round 1 – World GP semifinal
- Tenshin Nasukawa def. Calico Orizio via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2