The latest Heisman Trophy odds have been released.
With 2017 college football season rapidly approaching, William Hill US Race & Sports Book in Las Vegas has scanned through the top players in the nation and pin-pointed the ones to watch for the most prestigious award in the sport.
As you would expect, reigning Heisman winner Lamar Jackson of Louisville is among the favorites, but he is actually narrowly behind USC star quarterback Sam Darnold, who many view as a future No. 1 overall pick.
Last year’s Heisman finalist Baker Mayfield of Oklahoma is also among the favorites, along with Penn State running back Saquon Barkley and a number of other signal-callers.
The players are:
- Sam Darnold, quarterback, USC
- Lamar Jackson, quarterback, Louisville
- Saquon Barkley, running back, Penn State
- Baker Mayfield, quarterback Oklahoma
- Jake Browning, quarterback, Washington
- JT Barrett, quarterback, Ohio State
- Jarrett Stidham, quarterback, Auburn
- Deondre Francois, quarterback, Florida State
Who do you think will come away with this year’s award? Will it be a preseason favorite or will a darkhorse emerge as the season goes on? Sound off in the comments section below with your thoughts and predictions.
Photo Credit: YouTube