The UFC women’s flyweight division has added an upcoming star in LFA champion Andrea Lee.
This week, it was announced by Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting that “KGB” is heading to the UFC. Lee will be making her promotional debut in just over a week when she takes on Kalinda Faria at UFC 216 on Oct. 7.
UFC 216 recently lost a bout in the women’s flyweight division when Paige VanZant was injured and her bout with Jessica Eye was scrapped.
Lee, who holds a professional record of 8-2, fought as recently as last Friday when she defended her LFA title against Jamie Thornton. Lee won that bout by submission.
Faria, meanwhile, has plenty of professional experience with a record of 18-5-1. Faria is the reigning Titan FC bantamweight champion, and will be dropping in weight for her UFC debut.
UFC 216 is set to be headlined by a championship double-header.
Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee will be battling it out for the interim lightweight championship, while Demetrious Johnson defends his flyweight crown against Ray Borg.
There is no word on where Lee vs. Faria will fall in the bout lineup.
The current UFC 216 fight card can be seen below:
- Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee – for interim lightweight title
- Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg – for flyweight title
- Derrick Lewis vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Beneil Dariush vs. Evan Dunham
- Tom Duquesnoy vs. Cody Stamann
- Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz
- Bobby Green vs. Lando Vannata
- Poliana Botelho vs. Pearl Gonzalez
- Mark Godbeer vs. Walt Harris
- Magomed Bibulatov vs. John Moraga
- Thales Leites vs. Brad Tavares
- Marco Beltran vs. Matt Schnell
- Kalindra Faria vs. Andrea Lee
Featured Photo Credit: Instagram