Prior to the season, the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award announced its 47-player preseason watch list.
This week, the list has been cut to 20.
Headlining the list of 20 signal-callers to make the cut are Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma State’s Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk of Washington State and Trace McSorley of Penn State.
Last year, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson took home the award.
“The Golden Arm Award considers character, citizenship, integrity, leadership, and honor – characteristics that were displayed by my father – to be every bit as important as the quarterback’s completion rate or number of touchdowns scored,” said Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Educational Foundation president John C. Unitas, Jr. in a statement.
“Despite my Dad’s outstanding accomplishments, he never forgot his humble beginnings and that won him a permanent place in the hearts of everyone who ever knew him.”
The 20 quarterbacks to make the Johnny Unitas Award midseason list are:
- J.T. Barrett, Ohio State
- David Blough, Purdue
- Jesse Ertz, Kansas State
- Luke Falk, Washington State
- Riley Ferguson, Memphis
- Ryan Finley, NC State
- Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State
- Quinton Flowers, South Florida
- Justice Hansen, Arkansas State
- Kenny Hill, TCU
- Stephen Johnson, Kentucky
- Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
- Trace McSorley, Penn State
- Josh Rosen, UCLA
- Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
- Brandon Silvers, Troy
- Nick Stevens, Colorado Statte
- Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
- Mike White, Western Kentucky
- Logan Woodside, Toledo