Marshall Football Player Shot, Paralyzed At New Year's Eve Party

Tragedy has once again struck the Marshall football program.
According to a report from the Herald-Dispatch, redshirt freshman defensive tackle Larry Aaron has been paralyzed after being struck by stray gunfire while attending a New Year’s Eve party.
“It is in his spine and he has no feeling in his legs,” Melissa Aaron, his mother, said. “They can’t remove it because they are afraid it could be dangerous and hinder him even more to do so. It is right in the middle of his spine.”
Marshall players traveled to visit Aaron in the hospital after learning of his condition.
From the report:

Melissa Aaron said her son and his friends found out about the house party on social media and went to celebrate the New Year. People at the party told her Larry was standing by a wall when an altercation broke out nearby that led to gunfire.

Melissa Aaron added she is thankful to people within the Marshall community, including players and coaches, who have helped with the tough circumstances. She said Marshall running back Tyler King and linebackers Jaquan Yulee and Donyae Moody were among those who drove to Maryland to be by Larry Aaron’s bedside, and that her son was alert and speaking with them Monday evening.

An outpouring of support form the Marshall community has surfaced on social media.
“It is with a heavy heart that we bring in this new year as I send my thoughts and prayers to Larry Aaron and his entire family during this difficult time,” Marshall head coach Doc Holliday wrote on Twitter. “Your [Herd] family is here for you.”
Aaron recorded 13 tackles for the Thundering Herd during the 2017 campaign while appearing in eight games.
Our thoughts go out to Aaron and his family during this difficult time.
Can’t get enough of Campus Sports? Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to stay updated with the latest news and exclusive giveaways!

NFL Draft Rumors 2018: 'No Way' Browns Pass On Josh Allen
NFL Draft Rumors 2018: 'No Way' Browns Pass On Josh Allen