ESPN has announced the matchups for the 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge, which is in its 20th year. Beginning Monday, November 26, there will be three days of matchups between the two conferences which includes potential top 25 matchups between UNC and Michigan, Purdue and Florida State, Duke and Indiana, Virginia and Maryland, and Syracuse and Ohio State.
All of the games will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.
- Several games are rematches from prior Challenges: Georgia Tech-Northwestern, Indiana-Duke and UNC-Michigan, who all met in last year’s Challenge; Nebraska-Clemson and Rutgers-Miami (Fla.) in 2016; Michigan State-Louisville and Illinois-Notre Dame (2015); Virginia Tech-Penn State and Virginia-Maryland (2014); NC State-Wisconsin (2010), and Purdue-Florida State, who haven’t met in this event since 2005
- Three games will have first-time Challenge matchups: Syracuse-Ohio State, Minnesota-Boston College and Pitt-Iowa
- Duke has won more Challenge games than any other team, taking 17-of-19 matchups with its only two losses coming to Wisconsin (2009) and Ohio State (2011)
The full schedule can be seen below.
ACC/Big Ten Challenge Schedule
Monday, November 26
· Minnesota at Boston College
· Nebraska at No. 20 Clemson
Tuesday, November 27
· Indiana at No. 2 Duke
· Illinois at Notre Dame
· No. 9 Michigan State at Louisville
· Pitt at Iowa
· NC State at Wisconsin
· No. 14 Virginia Tech at Penn State
Wednesday, November 28
· No. 16 Syracuse at Ohio State
· No. 8 North Carolina at No. 17 Michigan
· No. 25 Purdue at No. 18 Florida State
· Rutgers at Miami (Fla.)
· No. 7 Virginia at Maryland
· Georgia Tech at Northwestern