Campus Connect: College Sports, Entertainment & Viral News – 8/18

It’s time to enjoy the weekend, it’s Saturday, Aug. 18. College life can be busy, so at times it can be tough to keep up with the daily news cycle. That’s why we bring you Campus Connect, where you can catch the latest news in college sports and entertainment to keep on top of the buzz that everyone on campus will be talking about.

What happened last night? What events are coming up today? We have you covered with all of that and more.

Let’s dive right in.

College Sports News

What is going to happen to Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer? Former ESPN college football insider Brett McMurphy, who broke the story of Meyer’s knowledge about abuse by former wide receivers coach Zach Smith, has weighed in on the matter.

This week, the Oregon football program is featured as the Uniform of the Week. The Ducks have received a new look courtesy of Nike, with a new bold look featuring oversized numbers and a cleaner uniform than we’ve seen in the past.

Busted Coverage Girl of the Day

We really didn’t even know that the University of Ottawa was a thing, but we do now thanks to Hailey.

Entertainment News

This week, photos first published by Purdue University’s student-run newspaper, the Purdue Exponent, showed the temporary dorms that the school has been forced to set up due to an excessive amount of admitted students. They have raised concerns over whether or not the school should be admitting this many students in the first place.

The University of Tennessee has recommended some major changes to the campus’ alcohol policy. If the measure is passed, the university — which has been a dry campus for years — would be able to sell beer and wine at certain on-campus events.

Viral Clip of the Day

We're still trying to figure out how he did this, tbh. #SCtop10 (via @hamblow) pic.twitter.com/zjYBtKkl9m

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 19, 2018

This takes a certain level of concentration that we aren’t even prepared to comprehend.

Food of the Day

NEW Jamaican Jerk Sausage at @Chiefs: Jerk Pork Sausage, Crispy Plantains + Habanero Mango Slaw On A Toasted New England Bun (Cred: @AramarkSports) 🌭🌭 pic.twitter.com/Oz78fIgFsj

— Kari Steele (@KariVanHorn) August 17, 2018

You can tell just by looking that the Kansas City Chiefs have hit a home run with this new menu item: a jerk pork sausage with crispy plantains and a habanero mango slaw.