Nick Saban kicked off Wednesday’s festivities at SEC Media Days and, as you would expect, delivered a number of quality nuggets. One of the most intriguing comments came when Saban discussed his players’ preparation for the Sugar Bowl.
According to Saban, a number of his players went out onto the field only worrying about avoiding injury.
The reason? They had already received their draft grades.
As a result, Saban said that he hopes the release of NFL Draft grades can be pushed back.
Nick Saban wants NFL Draft grades moved back. Said grades delivered on Dec. 15, so some players played not to get hurt in Sugar Bowl
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) July 15, 2015
Saban definitely has a point.
If we are worried about putting the best product on the field and if NFL scouts want to get an honest look at prospects in the biggest games of their careers, they should wait to see how they perform before releasing their draft grades.
It could be better for all.
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports