The Division is going to get a season pass as well as three post-launch DLC packs for players.
In an announcement on Thursday, Ubisoft talked about the decision to release not only DLC, but free content as well.
“The development team is working on a complete post-launch plan to keep the experience fresh for the months to come, including several free updates, new features and functionality,” Ubisoft said in a release. “The free updates to be released for all players will add new game modes such as challenging group-oriented operations to test players’ abilities in co-op mode and win unique rewards.”
The DLC packs are as follows:
- Expansion I: Underground
- This first major expansion opens up a new area to players as they explore the uncharted underworld of New York City with up to 3 friends for intense co-op action.
- Expansion II: Survival
- In this expansion, players will have to survive as long as possible in a very hostile environment that will challenge even the most talented agents.
- Expansion III: Last Stand
- More information coming
The Season Pass will include:
- The Division Expansion I: Underground
- The Division Expansion II: Survival
- The Division Expansion III: Last Stand
- Exclusive Sawed-off Shotgun, a unique sidearm customized for short-range destruction.
- Full set of exclusive outfits and weapon skins
- Special monthly benefits including exclusive content drops and special events.
It’s nice to see that The Division will see post-launch content, but part of me believes the DLC is already included on the disc for users that is just hidden behind the pay wall. I hope that’s not the case, but I wouldn’t put it by anyone.
The Division launches on March 8 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
*Featured Photo (above) credit to Ubisoft