Over the weekend, Justin Gaethje continued to run through opponents as he took care of challenger Brian Foster at WSOF 29 to retain his lightweight championship.
Unfortunately, despite not suffering an injury during the bout, there is no telling when Gaethje could return to the cage next.
Tuesday, Sherdog.com shared the list of medical suspensions from the Colorado State Boxing Commission for WSOF 29. That is when something interesting caught their eye: “Justin Gaethje: Suspended indefinitely (unsportsmanlike conduct).”
There is no exact word on what “unsportsmanlike conduct” occurred, but it is believed that the commission asked Gaethje not to perform his trademark backflip off the cage.
But after he scored his first-round TKO victory, he did just that.
Now, Gaethje will have to remain under suspension until the Colorado State Boxing Commission determines he has served enough time.
The full WSOF 29 medical suspensions can be seen below:
- Justin Gaethje: Suspended indefinitely (unsportsmanlike conduct)
- Brian Foster: Suspended 180 days or can be cleared early with doctor letter (left knee)
- Mike Hayes: Suspended 30 days (laceration)
- Josh Cavan: Suspended 45 days (laceration)
- Clayton Wimer: Suspended 45 days (nasal fracture)
- Josh Huber: Suspended 30 days (laceration)
- Danny Mainus: Suspended 60 days
- Patrick Davis: Suspended 30 days
- Jacob Flesher: Suspended 30 days
- Chris Morgan: Suspended 45 days (weight)
*Featured Photo (above) credit toWSOF