Bellator MMA returned to Spike TV on Friday night, with Bellator 155: Carvalho vs. Manhoef at the CenturyLink Arena in Boise, Idaho.
The main card kicked off with Chase Gormley earning his latest victory with a razor thin decision win over UFC veteran Joey Beltran. The action continued with Alexis Dufresne pulling off a shocking submission win over seasoned veteran Marloes Coenen.
A bizarre night continued with a draw between Dan Charles and Augusto Sakai, before Pat Curran earned a big decision win over Georgi Karakhanyan.
In the main event, fans left the arena with a poor taste in their mouth when champion Rafael Carvalho retained his middleweight title with a controversial split-decision win over Melvin Manhoef. The win extends Carvalho’s professional winning streak to 13.
If you missed out on all of last night’s action, we have you covered.
The official Bellator 155 results can be seen below:
MAIN CARD (Spike, 9 p.m. ET)
- Champ Rafael Carvalho def. Melvin Manhoef via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47) – to retain middleweight title
- Pat Curran def. Georgi Karakhanyan via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Dan Charles vs. Augusto Sakai declared a majority draw (28-28, 28-28, 30-26)
- Alexis Dufresne def. Marloes Coenen via submission (triangle armbar) – Round 1, 4:33
- Chase Gormley def. Joey Beltran via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Veta Arteaga def. Jackie Vandenburgh via unanimous decision (29-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Scott Thometz def. Josh Tyler via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-25)
- Will Noland def. Sean Powers via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 3:29
- Jesse Brock def. Olly Bradstreet via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 3:57
- Marcin Held def. Dave Jansen via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Casey Johnson def. Brendon Raftery via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:16
- Joe Hamilton def. Tyler Freeman via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 0:22
- Vincent Morales def. Hamilton Ash via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 2:32
*Featured Photo (above) credit to USA TODAY Sports