On Friday night, Bellator invaded the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri for “Bellator Dynamite 2.” The action-packed event mixed kickboxing and mixed martial arts bouts side-by-side for the rowdy crowd.
Throughout the night, there were plenty of impressive finishes.
Former TUF standout and longtime UFC veteran Matt Mitrione earned a devastating knockout in his Bellator debut, while Ilima MacFarlane put together an impressive performance in a women’s strawweight bout in the main card.
In the co-main event, Michael Chandler delivered one of the best knockouts of the month to put Patricky Freire flat on his back while claiming the promotion’s vacant lightweight title.
Finally, in the main event, MMA legend Rampage Jackson earned a split-decision nod over Satoshi Ishii. However, there was some controversy with the decision, as many fans and media members believed Ishii had grinded out two of three rounds.
Ultimately, the judges had the final say and we were left with another questionable display of MMA judging.
If you missed out on last night’s event, we have you covered.
The full event results from Bellator Dynamite 2 can be seen below:
- Quinton Jackson def. Satoshi Ishii via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Michael Chandler def. Patricky Freire via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 2:14 – to win vacant lightweight title
- Kevin Ross def. Justin Houghton via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) (kickboxing)
- Ilima MacFarlane def. Rebecca Ruth via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:00
- Gloria Peritore def. Denise Kielholtz via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) (kickboxing)
- Matt Mitrione def. Carl Seumanutafa via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:22
- Cheljean Erwin-Davis def. Kevin Engel via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:19
- Brad Jones def. Tyler Claussen via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:26
- Joaquin Buckley def. Chris Heatherly via knockout (strikes) – Round 2, 4:14
- Darryl Cobb def. Elmir Kulosman via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:28 (kickboxing)
- Tara Walker def. Mimi Kutzin via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) (amateur kickboxing)
- Guilherme Vasconcelos def. Jordan Dowdy via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:59
- Justin Lawrence def. Isao Kobayashi via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 2:11
- Matt Murphy def. Justin Robbins via TKO (injury) – Round 2, 2:16
- Rashard Lovelace def. Garrett Mueller via TKO (injury) – Round 2, 5:00
- Steven Mann def. Mike Estus via TKO (knees) – Round 1, 0:25
Photo Credit: Bellator MMA