The Ultimate Fighting Championship makes its debut in Cleveland, Ohio this weekend with UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem. The main event features a heavyweight championship bout between hometown man Stipe Miocic, who trains down the road at Strongstyle MMA, and combat sports veteran Alistair Overeem.
The main card also features appearances from fan-favorite Urijah Faber and the mixed martial arts debut of former WWE star Phil “CM Punk” Brooks.
Before Saturday night’s action could take place, however, fighters had to step onto the scale to make their bouts official and it did not come without some very intense drama.
Overeem was absent from the weigh-ins from the scheduled 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. window. The main event participant showed up late before successfully making weight. Because he was a few minutes late, Overeem has been fined $500 from the Ohio Athletic Commission.
Michael McBride, who faces Nik Lentz on the FOX Sports 1 preliminary card, was the only fighter to miss weight, coming in two pounds over the lightweight cut-off.
The full weigh-in results for UFC 203 can be seen below:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Stipe Miocic (246) vs. Alistair Overeem (248.5)# – for heavyweight title
- Fabricio Werdum (239.5) vs. Travis Browne (241)
- Phil “CM Punk” Brooks (170) vs. Mickey Gall (170.5)
- Urijah Faber (136) vs. Jimmie Rivera (135.5)
- Joanne Calderwood (116) vs. Jessica Andrade (115.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Fox Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Jessica Eye (135) vs. Bethe Correia (135)
- Nik Lentz (156) vs. Michael McBride (158)*
- Brad Tavares (186) vs. Caio Magalhaes (185.5)
- C.B. Dollaway (205) vs. Francimar Barroso (205.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Yancy Medeiros (171) vs. Sean Spencer (170)
- Drew Dober (155) vs. Jason Gonzalez (156)
# – Overeem fined $500 for arriving late to weigh-ins
* – McBride missed weight, forfeits 20 percent of “show” money to Lentz
Photo Credit: Damon Martin, Twitter