The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s Cleveland debut is in the books and fans in attendance got to see the hometown champion successfully defend his title in the UFC 203 main event.
Stipe Miocic took some heavy shots from Alistair Overeem and was pushed to the limit, but he was able to rally and used a perfectly timed takedown to get Overeem on the mat before throwing some devastating ground-and-pound to earn the knockout win to retain his title.
The wild, back-and-forth bout earned Fight of the Night honors, netting each main event participant an extra $50,000.
Performance of the night bonuses went to Jessica Andrade, who submitted Joanne Calderwood to open the pay-per-view card, and Yancy Medeiros, who opened the night with an impressive submission victory over Sean Spencer. Like Miocic and Overeem, Andrade and Medeiros each received $50,000 for their efforts.
The full event results from UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem can be seen below:
- Stipe Miocic def. Alistair Overeem via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 4:27
- Fabricio Werdum def. Travis Browne via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27)
- Mickey Gall def. Phil “CM Punk” Brooks via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:14
- Jimmie Rivera def. Urijah Faber via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jessica Andrade def. Joanne Calderwood via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 4:38
- Bethe Correia def. Jessica Eye via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Brad Tavares vs. Caio Magalhaes via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nik Lentz def. Michael McBride via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:17
- Drew Dober def. Jason Gonzalez via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:45
- Yancy Medeiros def. Sean Spencer via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 0:49