The UFC’s New York debut just got bigger. On Friday afternoon, the promotion announced UFC women’s strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk will defend her title against Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 205 on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden.
While Jedrzejczyk vs. Kowalkiewicz is one of two title fights — and rumors that a third title fight could still be added — it will not serve as the main event, according to ESPN.com.
Jedrzejczyk had been lobbying for a spot on the UFC 205 fight card and that has paid off as she will now be the first champion to take a walk to the cage in Manhattan.
Along with the women’s strawweight title fight, the UFC announced the addition of a women’s bantamweight matchup between former champion Miesha Tate and The Ultimate Fighter season 18 alum Raquel Pennington.
With the addition of the new bouts, the current UFC 205 fight card can be seen below:
- Champ Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson – for welterweight title
- Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz – for strawweight title
- Yoel Romero vs. Chris Weidman
- Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
- Raquel Pennington vs. Miesha Tate
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Gian Villante
- Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Thiago Alves vs. Jim Miller
- Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
- Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad