Conor McGregor will be headlining the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s Madison Square Garden debut against lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez in the main event of UFC 205.
Now that the title fight is official, the oddsmakers are beginning to set their betting lines for the bout.
According to Nick Kalikas of MMAOddsBreaker.com via ESPN.com, McGregor will enter the matchup as a -125 favorite over Alvarez. The lightweight title holder currently has -105 odds.
The fight is virtually a pick ’em.
If McGregor is victorious at UFC 205, he will become the first fighter in history to hold UFC titles in different weight classes at the same time. He would become just the third fighter in history, joining Randy Couture and BJ Penn, to win belts in two divisions.
Who do you think will come out on top on Nov. 12? Share your thoughts and picks in the comments section.
The current UFC 205 fight card can be seen below.
- Champ Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor – for lightweight title
- Champ Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson – for welterweight title
- Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz – for strawweight title
- Yoel Romero vs. Chris Weidman
- Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
- Raquel Pennington vs. Miesha Tate
- Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Thiago Alves vs. Jim Miller
- Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
- Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad