Bellator bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas successfully defended his title on Friday night, by dominating Joe Warren, the man who ended his first title reign in the promotion, in the main event of Bellator 166.
Despite his dominant performance over Warren in front of a rowdy crowd at WinStar World Casino and Resort in Thackerville, Oklahoma, there was a puzzling scorecard that caused a majority decision rather than the unanimous victory everyone else saw.
Regardless of the questionable scorecard, the right man came away with the title and continued his reig at 135-pounds.
The rest of the main card was packed with decisions, while the preliminary card saw some impressive grappling that led to submission wins in three of four fights.
Did you miss out on Friday night’s action? Don’t worry, we have you covered.
The full results from Bellator 166 can be seen below:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Champ Eduardo Dantas def. Joe Warren via majority decision (47-47, 49-44, 48-46) – to retain bantamweight title
- A.J. McKee def. Ray Wood via unanimous decision (29-27, 30-25, 30-27)
- Marcos Galvao def. L.C. Davis via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Chris Honeycutt def. Ben Reiter via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-25, 30-25)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Emiliano Sordi def. Gregory Babene via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 3:11
- Treston Thomison def. Dawond Pickney via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 0:51 – 159-pound catchweight
- Derrick Adkins def. Chris Jones via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 2, 4:09 – 164-pound catchweight
- Kinny Spotwood def. John King via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27) – Round 3, 5:00 – 210-pound catchweight
Photo Credit: Bellator MMA